Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sydney bridge climb

Today we finally climbed the icon of Sydney, the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The weather was great, blue sky, no wind. We had a great time and I think we can now officially call ourselves Aussies.



I organised the bridge climb because of Marcel's birthday. Surprise, surprise! A day with the two of us in Sydney without the kids. Heaven! So what else did we see:


This is this sign of the Glenmore hotel in the Rocks, the area next to the Sydney Harbour bridge. Downstairs it doesn't look very nice but if you walk up the stairs you reach the rooftop terras with great views and excellent food and drinks. It must be a popular place because I saw 'reserved' signs on a few of the tables. From the terras, enjoying a cold beer, you can see the roof of the Sydney opera house and of course the city skyline with the Sydney tower in the back.  


After the climb we went to Kings Cross to do a walking tour with Bounce Walking Tours. Since I arrived here in Sydney I've never been to this part of town and I wanted to go somewhere new. There is tv show in Australia called 'Underbelly' and this tour takes you to the places which feature in this show like the nightclubs and other 'dark places'. Without having seen the show, the tour was very entertaining and I enjoyed walking there. I almost made plans to move to this part of Sydney because it's so lively. This is not exactly the case where we live. Oeps, I forgot that I have two young kids who may not like it here. Colin, our guide, told me that in this part of the city the ratio of dogs to kids is five to one. Interesting. So this is the perfect area to live if you have a dog and you don't like kids. Anyone? 



1 comment:

  1. Ik zie jouw inzending voor de weekend challenge!
    Was het echt leuk? Engerds.
    lfs,

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for your comment! Sandra.