Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cycling in Sydney

Today I finally bought a bike. It took me a few months to decide if I really want one here. Sydney is not made for biking. There are too many hills, the roads are too bad, and there are hardly any dedicated cycle ways.

I don't know what made me change my mind but this afternoon we took the car to Padington to buy a bike. I don't regret it. We went down to Rushcutters Bay Park, near Padington. It's a beautiful park with a playground and a cafe (very important). We didn't cycle for very long, I think it was about two kilometers maximum but it was lovely. Julia still fits into a child seat and for Sebastiaan we bought one of these kids bikes which you can fix behind your own bike.

My new bike.

Coffee in the parc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comment! Sandra.