Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baby crying room and Andre Rieu

Compared to India, where I was constantly confronted with things that interested or amazed me because I had never seen them before, this does not happen to me a lot in Sydney. Imagine my surprise yesterday when we went to the movies to see 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' in a small local movie theatre in Roseville, about 20 minutes from our house. This cinema has something I've never seen before: a baby crying room. A special key provides access to a room where you can let your child scream as loud as it wants and see the movie without disturbing anyone. Superb. The room has a hugh window (sound proof I assume) so you can just sit, relax and watch the movie. I'm not sure if parents are allowed to put their kids in the room, lock it and then join the other people in the theatre. Probably not.

It's a funny cinema. The average age of the audience is 65+. Before the start of the movie, they show a commercial for a retirement home. Ha, ha.

On July 19, they have a very special 'live' performance of Dutch artist Andre Rieu 'direct via satellite to a cinema near you'. They have two shows, one at 11 am and the other at 4 pm. Mmm. To play at 11 am Sydney time, means Andre Rieu has to perform at 3 am in Maastricht which is the middle of the night. Interesting.

I read the announcement more carefully and noticed that, at the very end, it said:  'for the enjoyment of the Australian audience the timings have been changed'. Ahhhh. I think it should read instead: 'for the enjoyment of the people in Maastricht the timings have been changed'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comment! Sandra.