Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Things to do

As a not-so-busy-lately-looking-for-a-job-stay-at-home-mum I need to find things to keep myself occupied. I'm reading a book about how to find a job. The book is completely outdated (with tips on how to hand-write application letters, there is no mention yet of PC's. Ha, ha), but it is useful because it keeps me focussed. According to the writer I should spend eight hours a day on finding a new job. No way! That's much to depressing.

I need to do nice things as well to make me feel good. The main activity on today's to do list was to bring our brand new Samsung LCD TV back to the 'shop' in South Sydney to get it repaired. We bought the TV through Ebay. That's ok if the TV is working but not ok if it's broken. In that case you end up driving for almost an hour to get the TV fixed. Next week I'll need to go there again to pick it up. The money we saved by buying online compared to a traditional shop is gone because of the gas for the car and the toll fees. Luckily my hourly fee as a stay at home mum is not very high.

Tomorrow I have a more exiting 'to do' on my list. I'll start playing tennis in the competition. Tomorrow will be my first official match ever after I started lessons almost three years ago. I'm pretty nervous. I'll play doubles and I've never met my other team member, I only know her name. Let's see what happens. I can always try to find work as a professional tennis player.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comment! Sandra.