Saturday, April 24, 2010

Autumn in Sydney


It's the end of April and it's slowly getting colder. This morning I noticed a tree with brown and red leaves making it look like autumn. It's getting chilly at night and in the mornings. Please don't get me wrong, it's still very nice outside. We had a beautiful week with a lot of sunshine and temperatures around 25 degrees.

The houses - unfortunately - don't have central heating. In our house we only have two very small electric heaters to keep us warm. This is not very practical in a house with four bedrooms and two separate living areas. I'm sure people in Sydney must use different ways to keep warm instead of heaters.

I must laugh when I see shops packed with winter clothes. They make you believe you need to prepare for temperatures below zero. Ha, ha. I bought new shoes for Julia and she now refuses to wear them. She decided she only wants to wear them when it snows. It's not very likely that that will ever happen in Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comment! Sandra.