Saturday, April 17, 2010

Getting used to a new climate

While it was easy in India where it is extremely hot every day and where I didn't have any clothes with long sleeves, the climate and the 'what to wear today question' is not easy to answer in Sydney. Summer in Australia has officially ended. The mornings and evenings are now very chilly. During the day however it still gets very warm. Last week it was around 25 degrees and sunny every day.

I have not find a good way to deal with this temperature change yet. I don't want to be cold so I started to put my summer clothes away. As a result I wore a long sleeved shirt and jeans when we went to the beach today. Upon arrival I noticed that everyone on the beach was wearing hardly anything at all.. It looked as if summer was still in full swing. Does this mean I should not yet say goodbye to my summer clothes? I'm confused. It's so much easier to live in a country where it's over 30 degrees almost every day of the year.

A tree on Fraser island

1 comment:

  1. What about wearing a cardigan..... (Christine)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for your comment! Sandra.