Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Heat in the city

It's difficult to escape from the heat in Sydney. I just heard on the news that we had the warmest night in the city in 13(!) years. We seem to be going from one extreme (rain) to the other (heat).

Yesterday, after school, I took the kids to the Northbridge Baths to cool down a bit. I bet this is the only pool in the world where kids can go on a stingray hunt. I did not see the stingray myself but my six year old did. The wind changed to the south so today it's less hot but I guess it's still about 30 degrees outside.

Our high speed Internet is finally working!!! To get our 'naked ADSL' installed took a bit longer than expected. People from Telco company Telstra had to come and warned me that they may had to remove all the bricks from our driveway to find the right cable. Luckily it was less complicated and they managed to find the cable behind one of our bookcases. Tip when you move: check where all the outlets are before the movers come because they may hide the outlets.

With the high speed radio I can now listen to the Dutch radio. While I type this I listen to the faboulous item ' wake up your friend to test your friendship' at radio 3FM. It's 2.30 in the morning in Holland. Great fun!!! I'll try that too one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comment! Sandra.