Friday, June 11, 2010

Long weekend


This Monday Australia celebrates the birthday of the British queen and everyone will have the day off. Although the ties with the UK are not as strong as they used to be, Queen Elisabeth II is still the reigning queen of Australia. Long live the queen!

The weather will be good. It better be after all the rain of the past few weeks. In the morning it's chilly, this morning it was only 7 degrees in Sydney. In the evenings I use a blanket to keep myself warm but right now I enjoy the sunshine outside.

In a minute I will take my bike to go to the shops to get ingredients for an Aussie pie, the favorite food here. Tonight I will try to make one myself. The recipie does not look to complicated.  I will post a picture of the pies on the site tonight. 

A last thing. This is the headline of the article on the Dutch elections in the Sydney Morning Herald this morning: 'Dutch voters give anti-Islamic party boost'. It is unfortunate that it is also a boost for the reputation of the Dutch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comment! Sandra.