Sunday, December 20, 2009

House

Thanks to Marcel we can move into our house in Sydney as soon as we arrive in January. We found a place on the lower Northshore (Castlecraig) with a garden and a wooden deck for the barbecues. What more do we want? According to the landlord, koalas sometimes visit the garden because it's very close to a nature reserve. Mmm. I thought we would be living in the big city..

To find our house we used www.realestate.com.au. Google Earth is a great tool when you are still far away. I already have a good idea of what our street and the neighborhood looks like. With some imagination I can see myself walking down our street to the shops. These maps are so detailed. It can become quite addictive looking at them.

Yesterday Marcel visited the house and he made some movie clips. It feels weird looking at the movies and knowing that in four weeks from now, that will be my house, my bathroom, my kitchen and bedroom. The whole thing still feels sooooo far away.

For now, we enjoy ourselves with the snow. It was freezing cold today. This afternoon I took the kids outside for a while to play in the snow. Suddenly I noticed that Julia was shivering like crazy. I quickly took her inside and put her on the sofa with a blanket giving her some time to recover. This will not happen in Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comment! Sandra.